MBA / PGPM / PhD Program
- 1. I wish to do MBA/PGPM/Ph.D (Full Time/Part Time) program at IBS? What is the Admission Process?
All the students who wish to pursue MBA/PGPM/Ph.D program have to appear for IBSAT-2016 scheduled in the month of December 2016 or can apply with a valid GMAT (from 2014 onwards) / CAT 2016 / NMAT by GMAC™ 2016 score.
The students who are shortlisted based on IBSAT-2016 / GMAT (from 2014 onwards) / CAT 2016 / NMAT by GMAC™ 2016 score will be called for selection process at IBS Hyderabad.
MBA / PGPM : 17 – 26 February, 2017
Ph.D applicants: IBS Alumni/M.Phil degree holders/candidates qualified in UGC Net 2016 are exempted from IBSAT 2016. These candidates have to submit the relevant certificates for verification.
- 2. Where do I purchase the Application Voucher (IBSAT 2016 Bulletin)?
Application Voucher (IBSAT 2016 Bulletin) may be purchased either through Online or Offline mode as follows.
The cost of the Application Voucher (IBSAT 2016 Bulletin) is Rs 1800/-.
- Online registration for the programs is available on admissions.ibsindia.org/ibsat2016/registration
- After successful transaction, candidates will receive a mail with details of application number and password.
- Offline Application Vouchers are available at
- IBS Marketing Branches - For nearest branches you may visit the website ibsindia.org/contact-us
- On purchase of Application Voucher you will receive a scratch card containing application number and password.
3. What is the procedure after the purchase of Application Voucher (IBSAT 2016 Bulletin)?
- Candidates have to download the instructions for filling the online application form.The application guidelines are available on the link ibsindia.org/application-guidelines
- Candidates have to log in with application number as login id and password using the link ibsindia.org/ibsat2016 and fill the application form.
- For Offline applicants, the application number and the password are available on the scratch card.
- For Online applicants, upon successful payment (Rs.1800), candidates will receive a mail giving details of application number and password.
- IBSAT 2016 Bulletin will be dispatched to the candidates within seven days from the date of filling the online application form.
- 4. Where can I get information on Programs and Admission Process of IBS?
The details are available on the website www.ibsindia.org. On filling the online application, you will receive a copy of the IBSAT bulletin containing all the details about the institution, programs and processes. It will be sent within seven days from the date of filling the online application form.
- 5. Is there any management quota of seats available?
There is no management quota or NRI quota.
- 6. Schedule for Admissions 2017
Application Submission July 01, 2016 – December 09,2016 IBSAT 2016 Test dates December 16, 2016 – December 27, 2016 IBSAT 2016 Result January 06, 2017 Selection Briefings January 20 – January 30, 2017 Selection Process MBA : February 17–26, 2017
PhD : March 18-20,2017
- 7. Is IBSAT 2016 a common entrance for all programs of IBS?
IBSAT is conducted every year for admission to the following Programs:
- 2-year MBA program at IBS Hyderabad.
- 4-year Ph. D program (Full Time) at IBS Hyderabad
- 4-year Ph. D program (Part Time) at IBS Hyderabad
- 2-year PGPM (Postgraduate Program in Management) at 6 IBS campuses - Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Gurgaon, Kolkata, Mumbai and Pune
- 2 Year MBA program of IBS Dehradun and IBS Jaipur
- 8. When is the last date for applying for IBSAT?
- 9. When is the last date for applying with CAT/ GMAT / NMAT score?
The last date for applying with CAT / GMAT / NMAT by GMAC™ score is January 31, 2017.
- 10. My CAT / GMAT / NMAT test results will be announced only in January 2017. Can I still apply?
Yes, you have to apply before January 31, 2017. However, you have provision to update your scores online on or before January 31, 2017. On updation of scores, Selection
process call letter will be issued in the month of January 2017.
- 11. When will the IBSAT 2016 results be declared?
The IBSAT 2016 results will be declared on January 06, 2017.
- 12. Programs & Eligibility
** Applicants should have studied in English Medium. Candidates not meeting the eligibility criteria of English medium have to submit the TOEFL/NELTS/IELTS score by May 31, 2017.
** MBA / PGPM applicants should have minimum 15 years of education (10+2+3 or 10+2+4).
** Candidates in their final year of graduation are also eligible to apply for MBA / PGPM programs,provided they complete their graduation requirements including Practical examinations / viva /assignments before May 31, 2017 and submit proof of graduation by November 01, 2017.
- 13. What is Selection Briefings?
The selection briefings are a series of focused seminars to provide the candidate an insight into Programs and processes at IBS.
Selection Briefings will be conducted at 40 locations from Jan 20 – Jan 30, 2017.
- 14. When is the selection process conducted?
Selection process for the MBA / PGPM Program will be conducted at Hyderabad campus from February 17-26, 2017.
Selection process for the Ph.D Program will be conducted at Hyderabad campus from
- 15. What does the selection process comprises of?
The selection process comprises of the following stages:
- Group Discussion
- Personal interview
- 16. What is the fee structure for the programs at IBS?
- In addition, students have to pay Rs.10,000 as refundable Caution Deposit with the first installment of Tuition Fee.
- The candidates selected for the MBA program of IBS Dehradun and IBS Jaipur who hail from the respective state will be awarded fee concession of Rs.50,000. The fee concession will be given in five equal installments. The students have to produce a domicile certificate from the Tahsildar / MRO /
Municipality Office. The complete details will be given in student handbook.
- Will the students be provided with the Laptops?
No, Laptops are not provided to students. The students are expected to bring their own Laptops when reporting at the campus.
- 17. Is hostel accommodation available for the students?
- Hostel facility is not available at IBS campuses (except at IBS Hyderabad). However campus administration will assist the students in getting a suitable off campus accommodation near by the campus. The living expenses in these cities vary from Rs 5,000 – Rs 10,000 per month.
- The MBA program : Residential program. The students will be allotted non-A/c Single rooms with common wash room facility. The accommodation and mess expenses have to be borne by the student.
- Ph.D (Full Time) : Single accommodation will be provided. Married students may opt to stay outside the campus.
At IBS Hyderabad
- 18. Is there any financial assistance for IBS Programs?
The candidates selected for IBS Programs avail educational loans from Public / Private Sector Banks. The maximum loan amount provided by the bank is Rs.10 to 15 Lakhs for programs in India. The loan amount will be disbursed by the bank as per the fee schedule.
The list of banks where the students have availed educational loans in the past are:
Private Sector Banks & Financial Institutions
- HDFC Bank
- CREDILLA Financial Services
- AVANSE Financial Services Pvt. Ltd.
- Axis Bank
Public Sector Banks
- Central Bank of India
- State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur
- State Bank of Hyderabad
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Bank of India
- UCO Bank
- Allahabad Bank
The last date for applying for IBSAT 2016 is December 09, 2016.
IBS has entered into MOUs with the following financial institutions:
- CREDILLA Financial Services
- AVANSE Financial Services Pvt. Ltd.
Dr. P Venkateswarlu
Financial Aid Cell
For any queries on MBA / PGPM, you may contact on the following address, email and telephone numbers:
IBS Admissions Office
Plot no 65, Ground Floor, Nagarjuna Hills, Punjagutta
Hyderabad - 500 082, Telangana, India.
+ 91-40-2344 0963
1800 425 55 66 77
For any queries on Ph.D Program, you may contact the following person: