IBS Kolkata Contact Us
Set in the vibrant and intellectual ‘City of Joy’, IBS Kolkata is committed to training the best managers by combining academic rigour and active industry interface.
Our strength lies in industry experienced and academically qualified faculty and contemporary curriculum. Our program in management is market driven as we teach today what industries demand today. This coupled with on time academic delivery through concepts and case methodology of teaching has enabled the students to change and manage their thought processes. A typical IBS student at Kolkata not only goes through the rigors of management education but also develops a well-rounded personality. There are opportunities for games, for extracurricular activities and for social work. I am also proud to state that more than 3000 have graduated from IBS Kolkata in last 22 years. It also gives us immense satisfaction to find that these Alumni are doing well on personal and professional fronts. IBS grooms students into most competitive managers and responsible citizens who become individuals with highest integrity and commitment to the society. IBS has been transforming lives of the students for their better careers and future.
IBS Kolkata has an impeccable track record of almost 100% placements year on year, both national and international. This has been possible mainly because of strong linkages with the industry, corporates (private and public sectors) and with our Alumni who have played key roles in their organizations and who are our best brand ambassadors, putting us where we are now. Life at IBS Kolkata has always been a mélange of different hues: A blend of academic thrives with that of extracurricular engagements. It is an experience that metamorphoses an individual completely. Come and join us and feel the difference within you.
Dr. Ajay Pathak
Placements and Corporate Relations
Prof. Durga Rani Sinha
Top 10 Recruiters
- 17th All India by Silicon India
- 2nd in Eastern Zone by Silicon India
- 11th among Top New Generation B-Schools and 2nd among Zone wise – Digital Mailers
- 2nd in West Bengal and 4th in Eastern Region among B-Schools of excellence by CSR GHRDC
Established in 1995, IBS-Kolkata is committed to achieving the right balance between an active industry interface and academic delivery of the highest quality. The campus has natural ambience and is well connected to all parts of the city. The academic environment has a purpose with corporate culture imbibed therein.
- A state-of-the-art Wi-Fi campus with air-conditioned classrooms.
- Classrooms with Internet connectivity and projectors.
- Modern audio-visual teaching aids.
- Library and reading room with over 20,000 books, international journals, magazines and online database facilities.
- Modern security and safety measures for students and faculty.
- Availability of off-campus accommodation on sharing basis in the vicinity of the campus.
- A team of faculty members, who apart from guiding students, are also engaged in research and in conducting training programs for practicing managers.
- Mentoring & Coaching by Faculty.
- Psychological Counselling by Trained Counsellors.
- Soft Skills Training by experts.
- Student Activities:
- Students form clubs in Finance, Marketing and HR to show their involvement and teamwork.
- Annual cultural festival- BRIO is organized by the students.
- Many opportunities for students to participate in joint research projects and with industry and consultancy assignments.
- Students participate in various social service activities.
Dr. Pathak has 44 years of experience (25 years of corporate banking experience and 19 years of teaching experience). He has designed Management Development Programs for corporate executives on topics ranging from Tax Management to Risk Management.
He has published several research articles in various journals of repute and has edited several books in the areas of Finance and Banking. He is a member of Economic Affairs, Finance & Taxation committee, Economic Research Cell at Cll, Kolkata. He has also been nominated as the co-director of PRMIA, USA for Kolkata Chapter to create awareness about Risk Management among professionals.
Prof. (Dr). Ajay Pathak
Director, IBS Business School, Kolkata
Amit Sinha, 97- IBS Kolkata
Through Campus, Amit was placed as Manager at Sterling Securities Limited; In August 1998, he decided to pursue PhD program at Kent State University. In 2002, Amit joined Indiana State University (ISU) at Terre Haute, Indiana, USA, as an Assistant Professor of Finance. At ISU he was also awarded its prestigious Promising Scholar award for the year 2006-07.
In 2008, Amit moved to Peoria, Illinois, USA to take up a position at Bradley University, where he continues to research and teach undergraduate finance students, and graduate students in the Masters of Science of in Quantitative Finance program. In the last five years, Amit has been associated with the Journal of Financial and Economic Practice as an Associate Editor, and this year with the International Mathematical Finance Conference.
Lahiri Basu – 2006 IBS Kolkata, Manager – Business Development, TRF Ltd. was placed with the largest ecommerce company of the country, mjunction services limited a TATA group company.
After spending more than a half a decade with mjunction, she took an internal group transfer to TRF Ltd, one of the premier bulk materials handling organization of the world.
- IBS Alumni are working in over 900 blue chip companies and are spread out across the World.
Salt Lake City,